Tuesday 16 March 2010

House Doctor



Well it's good news Mrs. Coltrane. You have cancer.

What???!!!

Nah, just kidding, just some medical humour for you. No, to be quite serious, you have a disease called Lupus.

What exactly is that?

It's complicated and besides, I'm not really sure what it is either but House uses the word a lot in the show.

Excuse me?

Pay it no mind. To be honest, I'm not really sure what is causing you to be ill. Frankly, Lupus was a guess.

What kind of doctor are you?

Oh, that's easy, I'm the kind of doctor that Gregory House from the television show; House is. You know, moody with an attitude and drug problem.

I don't watch House.

Oh, well you see, I base my bedside manner and medical practicing on his teachings. I'd be a better doctor of course, if I had a crack team of doctors to consult with like he does. But I don't.

So what do you do in that case?

I consult my dog.

What?

No, no, before you make any judgements, he's very good. Two licks for yes, one lick for no.

And what about "I'm not sure or I don't know"?

Heh, it's never come up. Would you like to meet my Labradoodle; Billy?

Not right now. I'm very sick.

You could be dying?

Oh my God! Could I?

I don't know. Possibly.

Do you think I can be referred please? To a real doctor.

Oh, I'm a real doctor. I downloaded this certificate off the Internet just this morning.

2 comments:

John said...

Well. I guess you could be examined by a much worse doctor. Like Gobbels, or something.

Actually, that would be awesome.

John said...

He's touching the boob, by the way.