Wednesday 13 May 2009

The Wilbrahams On: Neighbours

Of course this part of Hampshire used to be so nice.

Such a nice place to live.

Quite so. Lovely in fact.

Until...

Yes, until those... Those unsavoury types moved in across the street.

The children are afraid.

Yes, our children are scared to go out after dark.

I'm frightned too.

Yes, that's right. Even my dear wife Hoslin is uneasy about their presence in the neighbourhood.

Used to be such a nice neighbourhood.

Quite.

Peppers doesn't care for them either. That's our dog. And neither does Reginald. Do you sweetheart?

No, I most certainly do not! They are the wrong sort entirely.

Hoodie folk.

Yes, hoodies and baggy trousers and dodgy looks your way. Unsettling to say the least.

The daughter has got Two children and there is no father to be seen.

Good point Hoslin. Yes, they have a teenage girl and she is an unwed mother.

Of Two!

Yes, of Two.

One bastard child is bad enough.

One is terrible.

But Two!

Two is absolutely awful. Yes, quite awful. And the fella, he never seems to work.

Stays at home all day.

So does his wife.

They're not married dear. It's her boyfriend.

Dear God, what a state to be in. Unemployed and unmarried.

A crime.

Yes, to them AND us.

But mostly to God.

Yes, yes, he's watching. He's always watching.

Watches us as we sleep.

Now, now Hoslin, let's not get silly. The point is, we are upperclass people who like our decent lives and don't want...

I think the word you are looking for Reginald is "Trash".

Yes, we don't want trash making our tidy, perfect lives unsettled.

Upsetting the apple cart so to speak.

Yes by these... These...

Hooligans.

Yes. Bloody hooligans!

Maybe the family will move.

Yes, or all die in a fire. Either is fine with me.

Oh Reg, you do jest.

Do I? Oh yes, of course I do... Of course I do.

2 comments:

John said...

Everybody needs a neighbour like Reg.

New segment?

Kerja_Relon said...

I think so. I haven't done a new segment in a while and I have a lot of material for them. I think the couple will be known as the Wilbrahams.